Thursday, April 26, 2007

You don't have to follow.

Not so sure how I feel about my engineering job anymore. I mean, I’m just expected to handle a lot of really huge REALLY important things that they truly should not put me in charge of. They should get someone twice my age making three times my salary to do a few things that I do. Welp, unless they're willing to triple my salary, I guess that means the job hunt has begun once more. Not gonna lie… I hate it with a passion. I hate résumé’s and interviews and references. And I hate being new. But I suppose it’s worth it.

Ahhh I’m being reminiscent right now and I don’t know why. Maybe because I’m thinking about how much FUN this weekend is going to be with both Jordan and Lauren coming into town. I haven’t hung out with Lauren in a million years. Not since we recorded ‘Naked Juice’ iiin… what… November ‘05? November 12th. I looked it up in my xanga. It’s been much too long. Ya know, I wouldn’t remember half of the great memories that I’ve had if I didn’t write so many of them down. They’re scattered all over the place. But, really. There are so many things that I forget about until I randomly pull up an old blog and kill 30 minutes reading the kind of random stuff that you’re reading right now. Only it’s different for me because I remember exactly what I was feeling and all the unwritten emotions. I’m verging on 2 straight years of having a pretty consistent journal and that is just plain crazy. I mean, it’s a good and bad thing.

Last December I had one of the best nights of my entire life, just lying outside after a few drinks and watching the most amazing meteor shower with a few friends. That night is absolutely in my top 10 best memories ever (and trust me, there are some damn good ones on that list). It's great to look back on nights like that. But at the same time, reminiscing can bring back a lot of pain and heartache. No one wants written documentation of an entire time period that resulted in pain. It just sucks to look back on the past and be completely engulfed with that feeling again- as if it was yesterday.

Oh my godddd enough of this. It’s on the brink of depressing. I have way too many things to be happy about. Thursday night bowling. SUPERHERO PARTY Friday. Jordan’s birthday celebration Saturday. Good moments are to be had. Now it’s time for the Colbert Report. :]

No comments: