Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Diagnosis: "Severe Poison Ivy"

Yes, severe was the term used. I just got back from the dermatologist. Thank GOD I don't have scabies or some other horrible infection. Though I must say, this poison ivy is pretty lame. The doc prescribed me some intense medication known as prednisone.

As he was writing out my prescription, he turned to me and said, "Now, just to warn you... this is going to make you moody. Just be sure to warn your friends and roommates that you are going to be a bit... out of sorts for awhile." Moody? Out of sorts? Greeeat. Just what I need right now. When I got home, I immediately wikipedia'd prednisone. Yep, mania is a side effect. Lucky me! "Manic patients may need to be hospitalized to protect themselves and others." Fingers crossed. At least euphoria is another side effect of prednisone. I could definitely use some of that.

In other news, I have a new job. Yes, it's true. Friday was an interesting day, as well as my last day working at the Doctor's office. The office manager there (as well as the HR lady) told me to go get a new social security card. It was stolen a while back and I hadn't replaced it, but after two months of employment there they decided it was time I got one. I was also told that I would be getting paid for however long it took Friday morning to go get it. I left work at 8:30, returned two hours later and resumed my usual duties. No big deal, right? Well, apparently, the doc was completely oblivious to the current situation. HE thought that I was out running a personal errand and the office manager was too dense to inform him otherwise. That was the one thing about that place... the doc was never around. I mean, it seemed like a good thing- rarely having my boss around- but he didn't see what actually went on there. SO, he was pissed and fired me for being "unreliable". He didn't even look me in the eyes, and he refused to hear my case. That was just that.

Pretty shitty, right? I mean, it was so random. No one saw it coming. I was pretty shocked and disappointed. I've never been fired, and it was all over a stupid misunderstanding. Luckily, these sorts of things happen for a reason. I immediately went into survivor mode and called a friend at my previous place of employment that had offered me my old job back a little while back. I planned on meeting with my old boss today, but a good mentor made me realize how horrible of a decision that would ultimately be. That place is awful. I mean, now more than it ever was. Working there again, as well as trying to move and take a couple classes and deal with this stupid poison ivy and the disappointment of losing my job would stress me out to no end. So I'm gonna take it easy, move out, and start working as an office manager for this lovely psychologist I happen to know! It's such a perfect situation... I couldn't be more grateful.

I am also completely grateful to have awesome friends that know awesome people that own lake houses. My Memorial Day weekend was AMAZING. We spent Saturday gallivanting around "Camp Longhorn" and Sunday at the lake. In case you were wondering, Camp Longhorn is this elite camp where parents pay 3 grand to send their kids to for a couple weeks. We went with booze and partied it up by ourselves. Slept in cabins, swam around the lazy river at 3 am... the whole shabang. I mean, I was under the impression that I had scabies the entire time, but that didn't stop me from having a blast. It was an awesome weekend and just what I needed to get my mind in the right place.

Alrighty, time to pick up my meds! And then off to another Secret Show.

This should be interesting...

No comments: