Wednesday, April 9, 2008

balla holla

My cat has recently developed an obsession with digging burrows in my comforter. Right now, for instance, she is attacking my bed.

Remember that interview I went on a few entries back? The one for the architectural product distributor folks? Turns out, I got the job. They called today and offered it to me. Ha! Suckers. You can't just wait two weeks and assume I am still available. Still, though... I feel pretty bad ass. My current job was definitely worth the wait, though, and I wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

So what IS this alleged job I speak of?! I am a receptionist for the tiniest little doctor's office ever! The doc is a family practitioner and I think he's kind of over it after practicing for 30+ years. He spends about 5 hours in the office TOPS. I answer a few phone calls, schedule a few appointments, check a few people in, and spend the other 7 hours surfing the web and chatting with my 3 bad ass coworkers. We don't even have to deal with insurance companies. And it's definitely not your typical, depressing doctors office where 10 people are dying in the waiting room. Today was the busiest day we'll ever have... and there were a total of 7 patients. Oh, and the BEST part is- aside from having the most relaxed job ever- I get to leave by 4:30 every day (4 on Friday) and still get paid as if I stayed until 5. That's an extra 12 hours a month. My job owns.

Unfortunately, a few friendship things are getting old. It's time for a change or two.

No comments: